My Progress

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pissed off!

I'm going to rant. I've had a day and I'm feeling so powerless and angry. It could just be silly, but right now it upsets me, so I need an outlet

We went to a school fete today. It started out awesome. They have fantastic stalls and each year we buy a ride pass for my kids and my friends' kids so they can have unlimited rides. This year I let the kids go and made a single point for them to come back to so they knew where to find me. I was a little stressed about this, because it was the first time I'd let them go on their own, but they did really well and I wandered around and often found where they had lined up for rides. It gave me a chance to go to stalls they didn't want to look at. I bought some plants, some chutney and lemon butter and had a good wander around the white elephant stall.

My friend and I were sitting at the waiting point waiting for the kids to come back for some lunch. Unfortunately there are some older boys who brought a novelty item called a fart bomb to the fete. The school made the mistake of selling them last year and unfortunately the local milk bar sold them this year. I spent the whole time keeping an eye out to make sure they weren't set off near me. There was one particular boy who decided he wanted to get us. He'd done it to my friends last year and obviously remembered the friend I was with from last year and thought I was his wife. He threw one near us as he ran past. He spent the next 2 hours trying to get us again. My friend decided to go wait somewhere else, but not before we went and spoke to the school principal. He went to have a look, but said he couldn't do anything about the older boys who were there. I decided also to move away from the playground and told the kids to meet me at another point. The little shit followed me! I went to the rides my kids were waiting on. He followed me and threw one over my shoulder! I turned around and went back to the principal. But I had to go back to my kids.  He was there again. Every time I looked up, he was near, but not close enough to get a bomb in. He'd then walk off and try to find another vantage point. I finally couldn't put up with it any more. I decided to take the girls to see the petting zoo. I headed to the front of the school, stupidly thinking that would be the end of it. He followed me again. I turned and asked him what his problem was. "come here if you have a problem". He walked off. But by the time we got to the front of the school, I stopped to say hello to one of the mums I knew. The little shit followed me and ended up at the front of the school, near where the animals were. That was the final straw. I couldn't put my kids and I in a confined area where he would not hesitate to throw one of those stupid things in. I bought the girls a snow cone and decided to head to my friend's car. Guess what happened? Yep, the little shit followed me. My friend was parked between a football oval and tennis courts. We stood there for about 15 minutes and in that time he moved from the edge of the car park, to the other side of the tennis courts, then settled on the football oval. Was that over? No. We decided that I would take my girls home and Ken would take my niece and nephew home when they got back to the car when the rides finished in half an hour's time. My friend had other kids to take home.
As I started to drive around the football oval I saw him running across it. I didn't like the look of that, certainly didn't trust him. He might have been trying to get one more bomb onto my car. There was a building blocking his view, so I turned around and headed around the other way to get out. I saw Ken following him across the oval, so I knew he wouldn't cross back. I then saw my friend take off in his car. At this point I didn't want to know what was going to happen, I left it up to them.
The gutless little shit ran! Funnily enough, right past my car as I was about to turn out onto the street. I was good, I didn't hit him and at this stage, he was going too fast to throw anything at me.
Apparently Ken and my friend had a chat to the gutless one's friends. They didn't see a problem with what had gone on. Ken informed them it was stalking and could be arrested for it! Not to mention the fact that he was mighty pissed that someone was upsetting his wife! He's kinda protective like that.

It was a disappointing end to what started as a good day. I know a fart bomb isn't going to physically hurt me, but it was still stressful that we couldn't just sit and enjoy the day without the worry that these little shits were going to let these things off. Everyone who walked past was scrutinised, I was watching hands for bombs. We've decided that unless things change drastically next year, it will be the last time we go. We don't need the stress.

It's taken me a couple of hours to write this. I have calmed down a lot now, but I will still be writing a letter to the principal, the president of the fundraising committee AND the school council. I'm still angry enough for that, but I'll keep the police out of it.

Til next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment