My Progress

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Tuesday report. I need to get a life!!

Nothing like being a million years behind on nutritional fads. I had my first scrambled egg whites today. I couldn't get over how much I had, yet it was only 71 calories! It was the equivalent of about 2 whole eggs, which I had the previous day, and they were 165 calories.
Whenever I heard "egg white omelette", I was always put off. I aways thought of it as a whole food, clean eating  "my body is a temple" kind of thing and that was never me, cos I love chocolate too much. Maybe it was my inner child throwing a tanty because she wasn't getting yolks? Or the whole rebel thing because in the 80s eggs were evil, the yolks caused heart attacks? Maybe my Scottish blood coming through and I didn't want to waste the yolks? Maybe too much time analysing the merits of eggs and not enough just eating the damn things.

Anyway, they were yummy. I was able to put a bit of cheese spread on my piece of toast and not feel guilty. A bit of tomato and onion through it would have topped it off nicely!

I weighed myself this morning. I've lost 1.2kg, since I restarted. I know this is all fluid, but it's lovely to feel at least a little safely away from 90kg.

Calories up a bit. 2241. Silly me bought some chocolate from a friend. There's 450 calories I didn't need, but am so weak when it comes to the demon sweet. This is why I don't keep it in the house.

And with all that, I managed to drink 6 glasses of water today! Yay! I've cut my coffee down to only one or two a day now, so  I have more room for water. :-) At least that's the theory. :-)

So it was a mixed day today.

Til next time,
Ness.

No comments:

Post a Comment