My Progress

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I ordered my optifast today. Next Thursday I begin my pre-op liver shrinking!! It's starting to become real now. In just under a month I'll in Hospital having my Gastric Sleeve done. How fast the last 6 months have gone since I first called to make an appointment with the surgeon.

It's hard to believe the changes that are going to happen. There will be hard times, when I regret having it done. Sometimes I have fleeting thoughts that it's too drastic, that if I just got off my arse and did what I was supposed to do, I could succeed. It's all my own laziness, lack of drive, lack of willpower.

This is going to be a tool for me to succeed. It's not a magic cure. I have spent the last couple of weeks saying goodbye. To smorgasbords, to souvlaki, to Hungry Jacks, to tim tam cheesecake.
I'm not saying I'll never have any of it again. But for the next year, I'll be eating like a baby again. I'll need high quality food that will help me maintain my energy, my vitamins and minerals, my health. There will literally be no room for junk.

I will succeed at this. I have chosen the best tool for me. I just have to have the confidence in myself that I will use it well.

8 days and counting.

Til next time,
Ness.

1 comment:

  1. I am excited for you Ness. I know this is the tool that will work for you and I can't wait for you.
    Good luck with it all.
    xK

    ReplyDelete