My Progress

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Exhausted. Just can't be bothered.

I got sick on Tuesday. Stupid leftovers. The salad didn't keep for 24 hours!!

I still had to take 4yo to kinder. She didn't get a cake for her birthday at kinder, I didn't think it appropriate to be handling food for other people. The last thing they need is the whole kinder home sick. But it was ok, cos another kid had their birthday too, and their mum was organised enough to bring muffins for the kids.

I didn't play netball on Tuesday. One of my dogs attacked the other one and I had to take him to the vet. He ended up having to have surgery to get his intestine put back where it was supposed to be. We now have to keep the dogs separate while he recouperates and we're looking to foster him out until my niece gets a place and can take him back. It's not fair that he be at risk. It's so frustrating, because apart they are gorgeous, loving, beautiful dogs, but together my girl could attack him for no reason. She is 10kg, he is 3kg, he doesn't stand a chance.
But he is recovering well and is running around with his little elizabethan collar on.

I got to netball on Thursday, wish I hadn't because we played the bitch from hell. The rest of the team is nice and great to play against, the curly haired woman (aka snow bunny) is just horrible.
She has this superior attitude and just whinges every chance she gets.
And they beat us, which you would think should make her happy. I don't think I've ever seen her smile.

Friday was playgroup. Just a small one, two of the mums called me to say the family was sick (my 2 other organisers). So I didn't set a lot up. The kids seemed to have a good time anyway. We've changed things slightly, so it feels like it goes a lot faster. I've broken the session up, they have freeplay, then we have songs and story while the mums pack up the toys. It's mainly to keep the kids safely out of the storeroom (they love to help! Grrrr... ) It's been 2 weeks and it seems to work really well. They are responding to it.
I got an email from the council to say one of the playgroups was collecting for the bushfire appeal. So I put the word out and got 3/4 of a carful of clothes and toys and sheets and blankets. I went to coles and bought other supplies that I thought a young mum would need, nappies, wipes, toiletries, toothbrushes (twice as much as I was going to spend, but this stuff is never cheap. I just wont tell Ken!!) and that filled the car.

I got all that dropped off, 2yo fell asleep in the car on the way there. We got home, I put 2yo to bed, then laid on the bed with 4yo and we both fell asleep. I only got 45 minutes before 2yo woke up, but it was still nice. 4yo slept for hours I had to wake her up to see her Aunty who came to see her for her birthday.

Today I went down to dstepd's scouts for a meeting. I am now the treasurer of our newly formed committee.

So that's Coordinator for scouts, fundraising committee for kinder and treasurer for scouts!! I think that will do!

I am hoping for an early night tonight. I get a day at home tomorrow!! Yay!! I don't even have to get dressed!! Woohoo!!

Hope everyone had a lovely Valentines day. I forgot until Ken sent me a text message.

I was talking to a lady who buys her husband flowers on Valentines day. I found it funny, cos he wont buy her flowers, so she buys them for him and then she gets the benefit of them too! Very clever!

1 comment:

  1. What a week! I am exhausted just reading it. Hope you are feeling better. Take care. {{{{hugs}}}}

    ReplyDelete